Monday, December 4, 2017

My NJPW World Tag League Day 11 Overview


  • I’ve only seen the tournament matches.
  • Although I’ve watched every WTL event this year thus far, I have no idea who’s ahead and who is behind. Also I’ve lost track of who is in each block. Usually I’m somewhat on top of things during the G1 Climax.
  • Tonight’s matches were all in the A Block
  • Bullet Club members Hangman Page and Yujiro Takahashi defeated TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima)
  • Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL & SANADA) defeated Manabu Nagata and Yuji Nagata (Remember him from WCW?)
  • Suzuki-Gun (Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka) defeated Juice Robinson and Sami Callihan
  • CHAOS (Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI) defeated Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens)
  • Nothing really blew me away on this show although I still had fun watching it. If I had to pick one that I had the most fun watching, it was probably the Fale/Owens/Goto/YOSHI-HASHI match.
  • Then came one of my favorite parts of these shows, THE PROMOS!
  • A few months ago, I took up learning Japanese AND Portuguese. One of the reasons for that was so I could grasp some of these promos better. It worked here and there but I have a long way to go.
  • The promos that the Japanese guys cut should definitely be subtitled! Although I don’t even need to understand some of these guys to really enjoy their stuff. (More on that in a bit)
  • Hangman Page and Yujiro discuss “getting their shit together” tonight after various decrees that they were “needing to get their shit together”.
  • There’s something to repetition in promos because I enjoy every EVIL promo that I watch. There’s a certain rhythm to them. Almost like a song. “Nooo problem. Nooo surprises…..This…is eeeeevil….EVERRRUH-THINGGG…..is eeeeeeevil. (If you haven’t seen Kenny Omega mime out EVIL’s catchphrase then get your ass to YouTube right this second and look it up! It’s seven seconds well spent.
  • I love Death Juice (Juice & Sami). They have a fun chemistry in the ring and there’s just something about their promos that I just enjoy to watch. They’ve been my favorite thing in this tournament.
  • I love Minoru Suzuki but I dread Iizuka. Suzuki is one guy where I don’t even need to understand Japanese to enjoy the heck out of his promo. His facial expressions say it all. He just has an aura of absolute bad assery about him.
  • Before I die I would love to see a match between Brock Lesnar and Minoru Suzuki.
  • Suzuki is one guy to enlist in a zombie apocalypse….but then again, he’d probably throw you to the zombies if he ever starts feeling like you’re holding him back!
  • Speaking of guys that emit an aura of bad assery. Bad Luck Fale is another one of those. I could listen to this guy talk all day long. I love the dynamic between Chase Owens and him. It’s similar to the dynamic that Enzo Amore had with Big Cass. One does all the talking and the other is a seven foot bad ass that will cave your head in. Only Chase can go, man! I’ve enjoyed watching him come up in NJPW since I started watching in 2013.
  • If you haven’t seen the instagram skits between Fale and Chase, that’s another one you have to “get the fuck outta here” and check out! 😉

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home