Monday, December 4, 2017

My Ultimate Fighter 26 Finale Overview

Early Prelims
  • Wow. The WWE 2K18 logo is literally all over the octagon! It’s always very weird to see one of these worlds appear withing the universe of the other.
  • Gillian “The Savage” Robertson defeats Whitmire by submission by armbar in 2:12.
Prelims
  • Shana “Danger” Dobson vs Ariel Beck is up next.
  • I give round 1 to Dobson.
  • Dobson lands a sick right hand which stuns Beck!
  • Beck is down from that same punch!
  • Dobson wins by TKO in 2:53 of round 2.
  • Dobson is a school teacher and is asked by Daniel Cormier if she has a message for her students. She’s like “You better behave or see what happens!” LOL

  • Rachael Ostovich vs Karine Gevorgyan is up next.
  • Gevorgyan is the first woman from Armenia to fight in the UFC. I’m a fan of Armenia and it’s history and culture so It’ll be fun to follow her UFC career with great interest.
  • The fight stops at 1:40 seconds in round 1. Ostovich taps out Gevorgyan via armbar.

  • Andrew Sanchez vs Ryan Janes us up next.
  • Big combo from Sanchez lands! Janes looks hurt!
  • Janes looks very discombobulated taking these heavy blows!
  • This fight should really be stopped.
  • Man, Janes is still in this! What a tough ass dude!
  • Wow, what a survival by Janes. I 100% thought this fight was over.
  • Looks like that pressure from Sanchez really wore him out.
  • Janes essentially is pulling off Homer Simpson and Moe’s strategy of tire your opponent out and survive before stepping in to finish off your weary foe.
  • Time for round 2
  • Although Sanchez got a few takedowns this round, Janes is just relentless with putting pressure forth with strikes. I give this round to Janes so far.
  • Time for round 3
  • Janes puts Sanchez down with strikes! What a comeback! During round 1 I was calling for the ref to stop the fight in favor of Sanchez, then Janes not only survives but swings back to finish the fight in his favor! What a TOUGH S.O.B.!
  • I hear Janes was the biggest underdog on the card tonight. He’s got every right to “WOOOO” as much as he wants post fight! lol.
  • LMAO this interview!
  • Dan asks “How badly were you hurt in that first round?”
  • Janes is like “Not at all”
  • DC is like “Come ooooooon” as the Vegas crowd shares an LOL with me. This dude was dead to rights in that first round!
  • One thing these fighters have to realize is that when the interviewers ask you if there’s anyone you want to call out, that’s pretty much the company asking you to cut a promo on somebody. It’s pretty much your moment to make the fans take notice of your personality. I know MMA is a sport but the UFC is a business and this business is driven by it’s stars. The worst thing you can say is “err…ah…I’m gonna let them make the fights”. I’m pretty sure people would buzz about it more if you were like “Hey Joe Shmoe! You ain’t shit and I can mop the floor with you. You don’t deserve the paper that your contract is written on! Come on and fight me!”
  • Also, I’m pretty sure that when you ask Dana for a bonus you’re pretty much not getting it. Let your work do the talking!
  • Montana De La Rosa submits Christina Marks via armbar at 2:00 in round 1.
  • Another armbar finish!
  • Which agents are producing this match? So many armbar finishes!….oh wait, this is MMA.
  • “Montana, is there anyone you want to fight?”
  • “Whoever they give me”
  • Me: Uuuuugh

Main Card
  • Sijara Eubanks is out of the main event tonight because of weight cut issues. Although I’m a huge fan of Roxane Modaferri, I’m also a fan of Sijara. Great fighter that takes no BS and takes no prisoner. Also, she’s from Springfield, MA which is a stones throw away from me.

  • Joe Soto vs Brett Johns is up next.
  • Johns wins with a……calf crusher?
  • Another first round submission!
  • Brett Johns submits Joe Soto in round 1 via Calf Slicer!
  • Simply Phenomenal!

  • DeAnna Bennett vs Melinda Fabian is up next.
  • Fabian knocks Bennett down with a big head kick right before the end of the round!
  • Bennett looks hurt.
  • Oh now she’s trying to play it off. lol. Walk it off, girl!
  • Fabian grabs the fence to avoid a takedown. She didn’t let go right away when Big John asked her to. It’s a human instinct to fence-grab. I get it. Big John takes a point away. Good move.
  • We’re going to a decision. Ah well. They can’t all be bangers.
  • It’s a draw! So did that point deduction ultimately cost Fabian?

  • Eric Spicely vs Gerald Meerschaert is up next.
  • Spicely is from Stoughton, MA. My GF’s hometown. It’s basically my backyard.
  • Meerschaert ends it with a DEVASTATING body kick! That looked brutal.
  • Meerschaert defeats Spicely by TKO in 2:18 of round 2

  • Next fight is Barb Honchak vs Lauren Murphy
  • It’s Barb!!! She’s aliiiiiiiiive!…………and kicking ass! #StrangerThingsReference
  • Honchak is from Everett, MA?!….oh wait. That’s a “WA” not a “MA”
  • Murphy looks happy to be there. I hear that she took Roxy’s spot in this fight after Roxy took Sijara’s main event spot.
  • Murphy beats Honchak by split decision. She looks happy as all hell.
  • * CRINGE! * DC calls Lauren Barb!

  • Next fight is Sean O’Malley vs Terrion Ware
  • Sean is from that Dana White Tuesday Night Contender Series.
  • That show + Snoopcast = My favorite MMA programming of all time. I hope a new season comes out soon.
  • This was a great fight! This is my fight of the night so far.
  • O’Malley might have what it takes to be that star that the UFC is always looking for.

  • Roxy vs Montano is up next.
  • Roxy, Sage Northcutt and Sam Alvey should all form a stable.
  • Roxy is from The Ultimate Fighter season 17 with Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate back in 2013.
  • I became a huge fan of two fighters during that season. One was Shayna Baszler who you guys might recognize from the Mae Young Classic or from always being in the crowd at PWG shows.
  • The other fighter that I became a huge fan of was Roxy. It’s awesome to see my two favorite female MMA fighters doing big things since that season. I’m not a journalist so I’m super biased in this fight.
  • My huge fandomness of Roxy is confirmed. I’m on round 5 and my heart has been in my throat this whole fight.
  • Montano beats Roxy by split decision. Damn it.
  • I’d like to see Montano vs Sijara Eubanks to see who’s the the real TUF winner!

  • …….So after that fight I’m like “Isn’t there supposed to be a coach’s fight now? Alvarez vs Gaethje right? So I did a quick Google and BAM! Instant spoilers UFC 218 spoilers as I watched this TUF finale late on Saturday night. Ah well, hopefully it was a good fight. Now I go to bed bummed out about Roxy.
  • I feel like tonight she looked the best from what I’ve seen from her since I became a fan in 2013. Hopefully, she comes back and kicks even more ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home