Monday, December 4, 2017

My NJPW World Tag League Day 12 Overview

  • It’s day 12 the New Japan Pro Wrestling World Tag League and it’s in Osaka which (in my humblest of opinions) is the best Japanese crowd.
  • It’s all B Block matches tonight and I have only watched the tournament matches.
  • The Best Friends (Beretta & Chuckie T who have six points) defeated David Finlay and Katsuya Kitamura who have no points. Best Friends now have eight points and have the lead. However, the show is not over yet and The Guerrillas of Destiny who have six points can tie The Best Friends at eight points.
  • I’ve been a huge Beretta fan since I saw him in FCW. Great to see him still putting on awesome performances. I’ve only discovered Chuck this past year. Although I was pulling for some singles success for Beretta, I can’t deny the pairing of the Best Friends.
  • David Finlay has come such a long way since his young lion days. It’s pretty cool to think that this is all still the beginning of what is going to be a great career for him.
  • Kitamura just has star written all over him. He’s soaking up all of that knowledge as a young lion now but when he graduates, I think he’s got what it takes to be a major player. With his size, ol’ Vince might take a shine to him and his size.
  • Michael Elgin and Jeff Cobb (4 points) defeat Togi Makabe and Henare (0 points).
  • Elgin and Cobb now have six points.
  • Elgin and Cobb make for one hell of a tag team. Just two guys throwing around their opponents like potato sacks. I like the stalling suplexes they do where they pass the guy to each other while the guy is still up for the suplex.
  • I kind of like the team of Makabe and Henare. This pairing lets Makabe compete in the tournament and also puts Henare (and some of the other young lions) in there to really learn, advance their skills and progress themselves in their careers.
  • The Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa with 6 points) vs The IWGP Tag Team Champions, The Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer and Davey Boy Smith Jr. also with 6 points) is up next. The winner ties the Best Friends for eight points as co-leaders of the B Block.
  • G.o.D. get the win and now have eight points to tie Best Friends as co-leaders of the B Block.
  • Since G.o.D. beat the tag team champions here, I would suspect a title match between them sometime soon. Possibly the dome if they win the WTL.
  • CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano with 4 points) vs War Machine (Raymond Rowe & Hanson with 6 points)
  • If War Machine win then they join Best Friends and The G.o.D. at the top of the B Block.
  • CHAOS win with Yano delivering low blows to War Machine before a roll-up on Rowe for the pin.
  • CHAOS now have six points.
  • Time for the promos!
  • EVIL is up first. “Nooo problem. Nooo surprises. This…is…eeevil…EVERYTHING….is…eeevil.
  • Minoru Suzuki. No idea what he says but you don’t need to understand Japanese to enjoy this guy’s promos.
  • Bad Luck Fale and Chase Owens. I love their skits they’ve been doing on social media with Chase Owens thinking that he’s also Tongan. They call the cameraman a nerd. Possibly a shout out to Bullet Club mates Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows.
  • Death Juice. My favorite juice (next to orange strawberry banana juice) and I love these guys. Especially their promos. Juice is just laying down what’s up before you suddenly hear a psychotically crazed “YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH” in the distance as Sami Callihan walks up to talk shit. This tournament has made me a bigger fan of Sami. I said the same for Juice back in the G1 when he killed it in that tournament.
  • Best Friends do their quasi-4th wall shattering banter. I love it.
  • David Finlay and Katsuya Kitamura are up next. You know what I love about New Japan? If WWE did this tournament, whenever a young lion loses the match while tagging with a regular guy, in the back of your mind you’d think: “This guy is going to get pissed that this rookie keeps losing these matches for the team. He’s going to turn heel on the young lion and attack him if he keeps losing.” But New Japan promos and booking completely wash that notion from your mind.
  • As a Dominican-American (Wow…I don’t think I’ve ever called myself that before. Hmm) I quite enjoy how Tetsuya Naito mixes his Japanese and Spanish together. Hopefully, I’ll be able to do the same sometime.
  • Hasta manana! Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home