Tuesday, October 15, 2019

My Updates (W/Vague Madden 17 Superbowl Results)

Madden 17
The Dallas Cowboys defeated The Cincinnati Bengals in the Superbowl in the Madden 17 Franchise Mode. Since my Franchise team was the New England Patriots, the game did not allow me to watch this game and therefore I, for the life of me, couldn't find the score. Though no matter what the score is, the Dallas Cowboys still won the Superbowl. We'll see what's what when the Madden 18 Franchise Mode kicks off.

Combat/Sports Game Scheduling
If you haven't guessed by now by looking at my blog entries, my gaming seems to revolve around wrestling games. I'm not even sure you can call it gaming since me and my friends (let's be real. Mostly me) just watch these matches and games. What I/we do is we take the calendar from the WWE 2K's Universe Modes and sync it up with all of my other sports games. So if it's January in my WWE 2K18 Universe Mode then it's January in my Madden, NHL and NBA games.


Why am I still playing WWE 2K18? Why am I still playing NBA 2K17? Why am I still playing NHL 17? Why did I just now finish up with Madden 17?
It's simple. I'm stubborn. A casual (and sane) person would just simulate to keep things current. Not me. Any of the aforementioned companies wouldn't just simulate in a board room somewhere. Since I keep a record of results and championships, I like to play every last match, every last game or every last fight.

The WWE 2K games are usually already outdated right at launch anyway. It may be called WWE 2K18 but the arenas in the game are all from 2016 up until July 2017.

Factor in life variables such as work, studies, life responsibilities, friends, family, significant others and bands (I'm in two) and you start to get a really good picture of another reason why I'm behind on the times playing one to three year old games. I didn't even factor in entertainment variables like time spent playing other video games, TV shows, pro wrestling TV, sports, movies and Star Wars media (I'm obsessed). I didn't factor those in because all I've been doing with my free time is trying to make a dent in my season modes.

No complaints here though. The long journey has only increased my enjoyment. I've spent seemingly so much time with WWE 2K18 that I definitely got my $100's worth and counting. There's events I have yet to take part in like the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania. There are Superstars whose attire I haven't even used yet like The New Day. DLC like The Hardys and Drew McIntyre haven't debuted in my WWE Universe Mode yet and I haven't even finished MyCareer yet (but let's face it, I'm all set there).

One last thing. One great tidbit about lagging behind in these sports/combat games is that by the time it's time for me to jump to the next game, the price point is always nice and low. Madden 18 is $5 right now. So enough of me justifying myself. It's time to savor the moment. I hear WWE 2K19 is great but there's still a bit of juice left in 2K18 for me to enjoy.

Ramble out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home