Monday, December 4, 2017

My NJPW World Tag League Day 13 Overview

Match #1
World Tag League 2017 Block A Match
The Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens)(4 points) defeat Death Juice (Juice Robinson & Sami Callihan)(4 points) when Owens rolls up Callihan

Fale and Owens now have 6 points

I don't know what it is, I've been watching Sami Callihan matches here and there from NXT to CZW to Lucha Underground to Impact Wrestling. However, there's something about his performance in this World Tag League that is really clicking with me and I think it's his persona as well as his in-ring work. It's feels different from the Sami Callihan matches I've seen elsewhere. Maybe it's just me and I'll watch his next non-NJPW with new eyes. I can't say enough good things. He's my favorite thing about this tournament thus far. From his shouting to his loud and entertaining promos.

 Juice is great too. This dude has come so damn far from his NXT days. SO DAMN FAR! I was a fan of his character in NXT as "The Moonchild". It was something you don't really see too much in pro wrestling. However, I really didn't expect much out his matches. He was good but when I thought "CJ Parker" I didn't think "great wrestling". Now? When I think "Juice Robinson" I think "Fuck yes! This match is going to be fun!". I think his performance in the G1 this year really let people know just how far he's come.

Bad Luck Fale is one of my NJPW favorites. He just has this BAD-ASS aura like he'll rip your head off for sneezing the wrong way. His social media skits with Chase Owens are hilarious!

Match #2
World Tag League 2017 Block A Match
Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL & SANADA)(6 points) defeat TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima)(4 points) when they hit The Magic Killer on Tenzan.

EVIL & SANADA now have 8 points

EVIL and SANADA have been using The Magic Killer all throughout this tournament. I know that the Guerrillas of Destiny started using that move when Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows left for the WWE. Are they building towards a showdown between LIJ and GoD?

Post-Match Promos
It's promo time! My most favorite of all times! First up is War Machine who talk about how they're not fans of being attacked from behind and say that they're not really here for six-man matches, they're here for the World Tag Leagues. Their backs are against the wall but that's when they're the fiercest and most extreme. I only watched the two tournaments matches on this show so I don't entirely know what they were referring to here. Apparently they teamed with the young lion, Henare to take on Tomohiro Ishii and The Best Friends.

The Best Friends (love these guys) come in and talk about how they're in the lead (Wait. Aren't they tied with The G.o.D.?) and talk about the awkwardness of going to dinner with their friends and colleagues in CHAOS, Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano and having to face them next in the tournament.

IWGP Tag Team Champions, The Killer Elite Squad say that this tag league belongs to KES.

Man, you do NOT need to understand Japanese to enjoy Minoru Suzuki promos. His facial expressions and vocal tone tell the whole story. He's my favorite Japanese orator alongside Shinpei Nogami. 

LOL. Tremendous Tama Tonga talks about how he's going to eat Jeff Cobb-ler up in their upcoming tag match. 

Michael Elgin and Jeff Cobb say that they don't like to talk because their actions speak louder than words. I think their promos are good. I'm not so sure about Cobb's proposed tag team name of "The Super Strong Team". Sounds a bit generic to me. I'm not saying that I can do better though. I gave it about 45 seconds of thought and all I could come up with was "The Island Bombs".

David Finlay and Katsuya Kitamura come in. I believe they're eliminated at this point. Kitamura is something special, man. I can't wait to see how he progresses because he's someone that's bound to be a very big star. Finlay is great too. He's still so young that there is still so much for him to do and conquer. 

Bad Luck Fale and Chase Owens cut their promo. Can we get these two a sitcom now? I can watch these two chop it up all day.

"I hate standing in front of this camera and talk about how shitty it is to lose but I've been doing a lot of that for two years.". Those were Juice Robinson's closing words from his promo with Sami Callihan. Something tells me that he's going to lose considerably less in 2018. I hope this isn't the end for Death Juice. These are two guys that when you look at them together, you wouldn't normally think 'tag team' but there's just something about them that clicks. I hope to see them together again. Juice says in his promo that he doesn't think he'll be a part of Wrestle Kingdom in January. I disagree. Worst comes to worse, he's in the opening battle royal. Hopefully he shine sin whatever he's in.

"THIS IS EEEVIL. EVERYTHING...is eeevil! No problem. No surprises!". It's almost a song to me at this point, lol.

"Hasta Martes, adios!" - Tetsuya Naito

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home