Tuesday, December 26, 2017

My Take: CMLL Super Viernes (December 15, 2017)



My CMLL Super Viernes Overview (December 8, 2017)

CMLL Super Viernes
(Super Friday)
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
Arena Mexico
Network: Claro Sports

Match #1
Best Two Out of Three Falls Tag Team Match
Star Jr. & Starman vs El Hijo del Signo & Templario
Winners: Star Jr. & Starman

My Take: Star Jr. and Starman add insult to injury and both rip off the masks of the rudos.

Match #2
CMLL World Mini Estrella Championship
Best Two Out of Three Falls Match
Shockercito (c) vs Mercurio
Winner by submission and STILL CMLL World Mini Estrella Champion: Shockercito

My Take: If this match were taking place in WWE this would 100% be a comedy match. Remember the minis division on SmackDown 10 years or so ago? I like how the minis here can have serious matches that a re good in their own right.

Match #3
Best Two Out of Three Falls Six-Man Tag Team Match
Dalys, La Amapola & Reyna Isis vs Lady Maravilla, Marcela & Princesa Sugehit
Winners: Dalys, La Amapola & Reyna Isis

My Take: Lady Maravilla has one of the best Northern Lights Suplexes that I've seen. The way that she arches her back is just incredible. It is only rivaled by Alicia Fox's version. Fox arches as well as lifts her heels when she does it so she is still my Northern Lights Suplex Champion.

Match #4
Best Two Out of Three Falls Tag Team Match
La Sangre Dynamita (El Cuatretro, Forastero & Sanson) vs Angel de Oro, Niebla Roja & Rey Cometa (w/KeMonito)
Winners: Angel de Oro, Niebla Roja & Rey Cometa

My Take: Really fun match. Although the rudos' team were good, I was really impressed with the tecnicos team. Niebla Roja in particular did this one move that resembles something like a Reverse Billy Goat's Curse.

Match #5
Best Two Out of Three Falls Tag Team Match
Los Hijos del Infierno (Ephesto & Mephisto) & Sam Adonis vs El Barbaro Cavernario, Mr. Niebla & Shocker (w/Zacarias)
Winners: Los Hijos del Infierno (Ephesto & Mephisto) & Sam Adonis

My Take: Sam Adonis is definitely a shining star in CMLL. They're keeping him strong here to build up for his upcoming hair vs hair match with Negro Casas. Shout out to "El Rey del Guaguanco" Mr. Niebla. I find him thoroughly entertaining. Cavernario working The Worm into his selling just takes me out of things. Perhaps I'm just uninitiated.

Match #6
Best Two Out of Three Falls Tag Team Match
El Sky Team (Mistico & Volador Jr.) & El Terrible (w/La Comandante) vs Caristico, El Soberano Jr. Ultimo Guerrero
Winners: El Sky Team (Mistico & Volador Jr.) & El Terrible

My Take: Man, Caristico (the original Sin Cara) really like to work with half of his mask ripped off, doesn't he? There's a reason why these guys are in the main event. Every one of these guys are awesome. This was a good match and a fun main event. After the match, Caristico challenges Volador Jr. to a mask vs hair match. Volador is clearly eye-candy for the ladies and like I said earlier, Caristico always seems to end up working with half of his mask ripped off. Hell, we pretty much saw what he looks like unmasked here. I can't really make any educated guesses about lucha libre since I'm a novice viewer but with all of the aforementioned info, it would seem to me that Caristico would probably be the one to lose that mask vs hair match.

However, Volador isn't really interested in Caristico's challenge and says that he isn't worth the effort. Instead, Volador is interested in a hair vs hair match against someone that would matter, Ultimo Guerrero who dons a face of surprise upon hearing this.

Overall Thoughts
Kind of a fun show. My OCD demands that I always watch the whole show. However, if I were to only recommend one match to you it would be the main events of these shows. They're often quite great when they're not bringing back legends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home